The University of Natural Medicine is devoted to higher education in the field of Integrative and Natural Medicine, with individually designed Degree and Diploma Programs, Independent Study, Seminars, Practical and Clinical Training and Research, Worldwide Affiliate Clinics and Centers in over 15 Countries (English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Japanese, Hebrew, Russian, Malay, etc.), and an International Faculty of over 75 distinguished educators and practitioners.
The University of Natural Medicine is accredited by the American Naturopathic Medical Accreditation Board and the American Naturopathic Medical Board and has Candidate Status with the National Accreditation for Colleges and Schools. These two bodies examine and qualify educational programs that represent traditional medicines and holistic treatment programs.
Board Certification Eligibility
Graduates of doctorates in integrative medicine and naturopathy are eligible for board certification with the American Naturopathic Medical Certification Board, and the American Alternative Medical Association. University of Natural Medicine graduates that complete Naturopathic Doctor, Doctor of Natural Medicine and Integrative Medical Doctor degrees are eligible to sit for the ANMCB exam and be board certified as a Certified Traditional Naturopath and/or become board certified by the ANMA as an Alternative Medical Practitioner.
Some of the highlights of a University of Natural Medicine education:
- Over 40 diploma programs, including Nutrition, Herbology, Homeopathy Aromatherapy, Ayurveda, Colon Therapy, Iridology, and many more. Programs and courses may be taken independently or as part of a degree program. This enables students with the training, credentials and opportunity to expand their knowledge for inclusion into an active healthcare practice while also progressing toward a degree.
- Degree programs include Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, Master of Arts, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D), Doctor of Natural Medicine, and Naturopathic Doctor. Incoming credit and advanced placement may only require a student to complete a minimum of 15 credit hours of study for a Bachelor’s degree and may also apply toward our other degree and diploma offerings.
- A distinguished faculty and adjunct faculty of more than 50 professors nationally and multitudes internationally.
- Programs can be entirely independent study by design or may include seminars, practical training, clinical externships, mentorships and/or research. The seminars, practicals and clinical trainings are available at our network of campuses, affiliate clinics and centers worldwide.
- Our in-depth programs may have specific course requirements, but are always individually designed to meet the students’ needs, goals, vocation and life plan.
- An international network of affiliates, institutions/universities and clinics that offer programs in natural medicine in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Japanese, Hebrew and Malay. We now have affiliate schools in Cyprus, Brazil, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Israel, Portugal, Russia, South Korea, Taiwan and the Ukraine.
- An Institutional Review Board to review and validate standards and credibility in research.
- Educational programs and adventures to exotic areas such as the Sacred Valley and Macchu Picchu in Peru; the Amazonian jungles of Brazil and Ecuador; Malaysia; Turkey; Russia, China, Japan, Costa Rica, and the Yucatan.